Sunday, August 16, 2009

Frankenstein 8

  • “I sympathised with, and partly understood them, but I was unformed in mind; I was dependent on none and related to none. ‘The path of my departure was free’; and there was none to lament my annihilation.” (p. 115)
‘The path of my departure was free’ is slightly altered from Percy Shelley’s poem, Mutability, where it is written as ‘the path of its departure still is free.’ Shelley adds this excerpt as a turning point in which the monster is realizing his freedom of education and the many opportunities accessible to him. However, he is disappointed with the lack of assistance and support from humans - something he will probably never receive.

(Works Cited)
"Mutability." Web. 2 Aug. 2009. http://www.internal.org/view_poem.phtml?poemID=311.

No comments:

Post a Comment